You've seen all your favorite brands on Instagram. Posting fun behind-the-scenes pictures, or paid ads. Maybe a fun giveaway. But did you know that you can have an Instagram account for your business also? It's not just for big brands. Local and small brands are getting in on the Instagram game.
Steps for Instagram Business Account Set Up
- Go to Instagram.com and select "Create an Account"
- Log in to your new profile on the app (for some reason you can't change an account to business on the website? I don't get it either)
- Connect your account to your Facebook Page. Since Facebook bought Instagram, they now require you to have a Facebook business page in order to set up your Instagram Business Account.
- Add contact information to your profile. A Business Account requires this.
- Go to your Profile Page, click the hamburger in the top right corner (those three dashes - yep, they're called a hamburger. See, you're learning things already!)
Click Settings at the very bottom with the little gear. Go to Account and the very last item is Switch to Business Account. Give that a tap and follow the prompts.
And you're done! Of course, now the real work begins of cultivating your online community. We'll do a future post about how to get great Instagram results, but the word to remember is: Engagement. You MUST engage with your community if you want them to engage with you! Respond to comments, comment on others' posts, and make sure you're bringing the kind of response that you want to see from others.